A result oriented human resources practitioner with experience ranging from administrative support, finance,
customer relations to graphic and web designing, audio/video production and social media marketing. This
diverse experience is supported in part by a Diploma in Computing Science: Operations & Management (CSOM)
and a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration (Major: Human Resource Management) from Thompson
Core competencies include:
Customer Service ● Troubleshooting ● Process Re-engineering ● IS Change Management ● Strategic Planning ● Blogging ● Web Development ● Public Speaking ● Social Networking ● Social Media Marketing ● Audio/Video production
CHATEAU MOTEL ● Edmonton, AB ● AUG 2016 – PRESENT
Locally owned bed & bath accommodation with 52 rooms.
Front Desk Agent
● Maintained an up-to-date inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments along-with monthly and yearly occupancy reports
● Registered arriving guests and assigned rooms based on guest preferences/requests
● Collaborated with the booking, housekeeping and maintenance departments to ensure prompt
responses to guests’ needs
● Responsibly logged cash and other mode of payments along-with compiling and verifying end-of-day transaction sheets, transaction receipts, vouchers and housekeeping reports using computerized/manual systems
● Generated, updated, sent and filed paperwork and invoices for various private companies and Alberta government branches (AISH, Alberta Supports) dealing with the business
● Redesigned and webmastered the business website using BookingSuite as back-end
● Overhauled data reporting methods to increase efficiency and productivity using a combination of pen-and-paper and Excel spreadsheets
● Answered business services and registration inquiries, by telephone, online and/or in-person, providing information about community services along-with addressing and resolving guest concerns
● Reconciled monthly invoices for Booking.com and Expedia reservation commissions
TECK COAL ● Calgary, AB ● SEPT 2013 – DEC 2014
Canada's largest diversified resources, metal and mining company.
● Coordinated e-tickets for online/offline production system changes using ITSM ticketing system
(ServiceNow) for the second largest business unit in the company
● Actively participated in the weekly Change Advisory Board meeting to review upcoming downtimes and avoid adverse business impact in consultation with various team leads
● Collaborated with various team managers to compile and submit monthly financial forecasts & budgets for all 13 teams under IS&T along-with quarterly enterprise chargeback reports
● Reduced monthly reports processing time by 50% by programming Excel VBA macro powered
● Compiled and submitted data for the Information Services & Technology (IS&T) department Budget 2015 in coordination with managers and other departments
ECONOLODGE ● Kamloops, BC ● NOV 2011 – APR 2012
The second-largest economy motel chain brand in the Choice Hotels system in the US and Canada.
Front Desk Executive
● Maintained an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
● Registered arriving guests and assigned rooms
● Compiled and checked daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized/manual systems
● Answered enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, providing information about services available in the community and resolved guests' complaints
TIM HORTONS ● Kamloops, BC ● JAN 2015 – JUN 2016
Canada’s largest quick service multinational fast food restaurant chain.
● Responsible for overnight baking and preparation of customer orders based on time priority and product quantity. With 11 months of previous experience (Apr 2012 - Aug 2013), prepared and served food orders, addressed customer concerns and complaints effectively and assisted team members in a fast paced environment.
● Successfully planned and organized the 2015 Staff Christmas Party for 30+ members.
Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management (BBA, HR)
(First Class Standing with CoOp)
THOMPSON RIVERS UNIVERSITY ● Kamloops, BC, Canada ● 2016
Diploma in Computer Systems: Operations and Management (CSOM)
THOMPSON RIVERS UNIVERSITY ● Kamloops, BC, Canada ● 2012
Social Media Coordinator & Webmaster/Developer
● Organic brand development with detailed analytics on website/blog/Facebook page designing and maintenance, traffic growth, social media boosts and optimized scheduling.
● Practiced knowledge of online advertisement campaigns with strong metric analytical skills in leading social media. Skillful understanding of websites like eBay, Amazon and Paypal.
http://www.abijahgupta.com (You're already here!)
http://www.flavoursofindiakamloops.com (Kamloops based family restaurant)
http://www.nathanpiazzadesigns.blogspot.ca (Canadian photographer & cinematographer)
http://www.chateaumotel.com (Edmonton based economic motel accommodation)
● Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite: Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides, Word/Docs, Access, Visio, Outlook and Lync
● Databases & Programming: Oracle 11g, SQL Express, Visual Studio 2013.NET
● Skilled in audio editing (arranging, mixing and mastering) musical scores using Apple GarageBand, Sony Sound Forge, Magix Music Maker, SampleTank, Acoustica Mixcraft & Cockos Reaper.
● Practiced knowledge of multi-layered graphics and video editing with tools like Magix Vegas Pro and Adobe Photoshop/Premiere. Animated and rendered 3D models, clips and scenes using Autodesk Maya Pro.
Example 1: Sound Director for theTRULipDub project with 300+ cast members and 35 crew members. (Video on the right)
Example 2: Director and Keyboardist for NamasteTRU with 6 LIVE musicians (See video here)
● As a musician, I've been involved as both helper and performer at the TRU International Days (IDays), TRUSU Diwali Night, TRU In-Service Day, TRU Halloween, TRU Christmas Party and the Royal Inland Hospital Foundation Fundraiser
● While working at Teck (Calgary) I got the opportunity to volunteer with some amazing people at the Calgary Food Bank, We Day Alberta along-with the Teck Caring4Kids & Magic Of Christmas events