A result oriented human resources practitioner with experience ranging from administrative support, finance, customer relations to graphic designing, audio/video production, music mastering, technology and social media. This diverse experience is supported in part by a Diploma in Computing Science: Operations & Management (CSOM) and a Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management from Thompson Rivers University.
My core competencies include: Process Re-engineering ● Change Management ● Strategic Planning ● Customer Service ● Blogging ● Web Development ● Public Speaking ● Troubleshooting ● Social Networking ● Audio/Video production ● Social Media Marketing
CHATEAU MOTEL ● Edmonton, AB ● AUG 2016 – PRESENT
Locally owned bed & bath accommodation with 52 rooms.
Front Desk Agent
● Registered arriving guests and assigned rooms based on guest preferences
● Maintained an up-to-date inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments along-with monthly and yearly occupancy reports
● Answered motel services and registration inquiries, by telephone, online and/or in-person, providing information about community services and responding to guests' concerns
● Compiled and checked end-of-day transaction sheets, transaction receipts, vouchers and housekeeping reports using computerized/manual systems
● Reconciled monthly invoices for Booking.com and Expedia
● Created, maintained, sent and filed invoices for multiple private companies and Alberta government branches (AISH, Alberta Supports) dealing with the motel
● Webmastered the motel website content using BookingSuite as back-end
TIM HORTONS ● Kamloops, BC ● JAN 2015 – JUN 2016
Canada’s largest quick service multinational fast food restaurant chain.
● Responsible for overnight baking and preparation of customer orders based on time priority and product quantity. With 11 months of previous experience (Apr 2012 - Aug 2013), prepared and served food orders, addressed customer concerns and complaints effectively and assisted team members in a fast paced environment.
● Successfully organized the 2015 Staff Christmas Party for 30+ members.
TECK COAL ● Calgary, AB ● SEPT 2013 – DEC 2014
Canada's largest diversified resources, metal and mining company.
● Coordinated e-tickets for online/offline production system changes using ServiceNow for the second largest business unit
● Compiled and submitted monthly financial forecasts & budgets for all 13 teams under IS&T along-with quarterly enterprise chargeback reports
● Reduced monthly reports processing time by 50% using Excel VBA programming powered workbooks
● Compiled and submitted data for the Information Services & Technology (IS&T) department Budget 2015 in coordination with managers and other departments
ECONOLODGE ● Kamloops, BC ● NOV 2011 – APR 2012
The second-largest economy motel chain brand in the Choice Hotels system in the US and Canada.
Front Desk Executive
● Maintained an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
● Registered arriving guests and assigned rooms
● Compiled and checked daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized/manual systems
● Answered enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, providing information about services available in the community and resolved guests' complaints
Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management (BBA, HR)
(First Class Standing with CoOp)
THOMPSON RIVERS UNIVERSITY ● Kamloops, BC, Canada ● 2016
Diploma in Computer Systems: Operations and Management (CSOM)
THOMPSON RIVERS UNIVERSITY ● Kamloops, BC, Canada ● 2012
Social Media Coordinator & Webmaster/Developer
● Organic brand development with detailed analytics on website/blog/Facebook page designing and maintenance, traffic growth, social media boosts and optimized scheduling.
● Practiced knowledge of online advertisement campaigns with strong metric analytical skills in leading social media. Skillful understanding of websites like eBay, Amazon and Paypal.
http://www.abijahgupta.com (You're already here!)
http://www.flavoursofindiakamloops.com (Kamloops based family restaurant)
http://www.nathanpiazzadesigns.blogspot.ca (Canadian photographer & cinematographer)
http://www.chateaumotel.com (Edmonton based economic motel accommodation)
● Skilled in arranging, mixing and mastering musical scores using Apple GarageBand, Sony Sound Forge, Magix Music Maker, SampleTank, Acoustica Mixcraft & Cockos Reaper.
● Practiced knowledge of multi-layered graphics and video editing with tools like Magix Vegas Pro and Adobe Photoshop/Premiere. Animated and rendered 3D models, clips and scenes using Autodesk Maya Pro.
Example 1: TRULipDub project with 300+ cast members and 35 crew members. (Video on the right)
Example 2: NamasteTRU with 6 LIVE musicians (See video here)
● As a musician, I've been involved as both helper and performer at the TRU International Days (IDays), TRUSU Diwali Night, TRU In-Service Day, TRU Halloween, TRU Christmas Party and the Royal Inland Hospital Foundation Fundraiser
● While working at Teck (Calgary) I got the opportunity to volunteer with some amazing people at the Calgary Food Bank, We Day Alberta along-with the Teck Caring4Kids & Magic Of Christmas events